Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #7: PhotoStory Phun!

I have had experience with PhotoStory before; I often use it to share pictures of my son with family. It was a lot of fun using it in a new context, however. For my example, it could be an opener in an introductory lesson on parallel lines. By seeing the examples, students could then conjecture a definition of parallel lines. It really allows for kids to make connections with the world around them. I frequently had students go on geometry scavenger hunts in 4th grade and take pictures of what they found. This would be a great tool to have them present what they found with a higher level of student accountability. There are really endless possibilities, and digital storytelling could be used just about any time you want kids to share information with the class. This is definitely my favorite tool so far!

1 comment: